Thursday, January 7, 2010

Deep In Our Hearts

Hey Girls:

Quick correction to yesterday's Proverbs 6: v. 16-19 does not have 6 things the Lord hates, but 7!! I hate, hate, hate typos!! But because this had to do with His content, well, I had to correct my mistake! :)

Okay...so the immoral woman AGAIN!

I love v. 1-4:

1 Follow my advice, my son;
always treasure my commands.
2 Obey my commands and live!
Guard my instructions as you guard your own eyes.
3 Tie them on your fingers as a reminder.
Write them deep within your heart.

4 Love wisdom like a sister;
make insight a beloved member of your family.

This is not the first, nor the last time in Proverbs, that we are told to write His Word deep within our hearts. And I love this!

My heart is where I hold everything dear to me, everything I love, everything I value.

And physically, your heart is what keeps everything technically alive in your body. Your brain can stop functioning, but you can technically still be considered "alive." However, when your heart stops pumping, it is then, and only then, you are considered "dead."

Your heart can determine how healthy you are, your life expectancy, your physcial strength, and without it, nothing in your body can remain alive.

It is central to your existance, just as God's Words are central to your life's walk. Without His Words, you are dead.

So, my friends, write His words deep in your heart. Repeat them while doing dishes, folding laundry, making beds, driving to the grocery store...when disciplining, when trying to talk your mind down from needless angst, when facing disappointment or destruction, when talking with friends who need to hear His Words, and when feeling at the end of your rope. His Words are life-giving, self-protecting, and ever-true.

I have more thoughts, but it's 7am and I must wake my kiddos! :) (Aren't you glad these emails have time limits, or you might never get through them! HAAA!)

Have a fabulous day! Write some of His words on your heart...for you are precious in His sight!

Love!!

Rebecca

No comments:

Post a Comment