Thursday, January 14, 2010

Never Alone

Oh, My Lovely and Gracious, Honest and Godly Friends:

I love, love, love hearing from you! For your words bless my heart more than you know! The biggest lesson learned is that, as sisters in Christ, we are all fighting for the same thing for the same reason for the glory of Him who controls all things.

You are NOT alone. Not ever. For the One who created you surrounds you at all times, and the body of Christ does the same. We gather around one another, pray, and support in any way possible.

I've made the below contributions anonymous so you feel free to share anytime. Thanks Ladies for the quotes below!

Easier said than done...
Filter...
Restraint...
Breathe...
Filter...
This is me today...

This is a tough place for me. I am learning to EAT my words quickly. Shove them back down your mouth without uttering a sound. It does pay off. I have been quietly just accepting things he does or says without comment. Also trying not to give BODY LANGUAGE either. After one month of doing this and having watched Fireproof, I received a beautiful Christmas Card from him --- it really does work. Now just to keep it up !!

I really needed to hear this....I have been speaking to my husband and kids in a horrible fashion! I am working on thinking a bit before I speak...its not easy for me I tend to flip on everything!! I could use a lot of prayer in this area...it is impossible to do it on my own, but with God all things are possible!

It’s funny that I didn’t specifically make a resolution, but as the new year unfolded I found myself trying to prioritize things a bit differently. Reading Proverbs has led me to move many things I already know from the back of my brain to the front of my brain where I can put them to use much quicker. I finished reading a book called, “Have a Little Faith,” by Mitch Albom and even though it doesn’t seem like much it’s a huge accomplishment because I start books all the time and don’t find the time to finish them. The cool thing is that by taking a little time for myself to read and reflect I’m finding that I’m checking in with God throughout my day. For example when I’m feeling frazzled, you know that moment just before everything starts to get out of hand, I’m able to be aware of what’s happening and ask God for help. It’s usually at that moment that my whole perspective changes and then things become more manageable. Reading Proverbs is challenging me to live God’s way, and the number one most important thing is that it is His way and not my way. I’m so thankful and humbled by this.

What a kick in the kiester. My mouth and my words are such a daily struggle. I feel like my heart is so ugly. It's horrifying. I have been yelling at the kids all day... underlying issues... too many to list. I feel the weight of this ugliness in my heart and wondered when it happened. It's not who I am or what I want to be. I feel like my heart is SO HARD that there is no way that God can even penetrate it. I have been seeking, trying to pray, and yet, my life remains the same. I read your words about actually acting and making changes but feel so lost in the struggle I can't seem to find the way out. It's so my desire. I want my kids to feel loved, blessed and to have a mom that has wise, strong words of encouragement and love, not sharp words of frustration that make them feel like crap. IDK what to do. My heart is seriously seeking right now. I so praise God for giving me my husband who in my struggle sees my humanness and stress and understands. He listens and thoughtfully processes my needs and how to help me through them. He's more than I deserve at this point.


So, here's Proverbs 14 tid-bit:

6 A mocker seeks wisdom and never finds it,
but knowledge comes easily to those with understanding.

Ladies...YOU are NOT mockers. For you understand. (The Greek root for this understand is to discern or consider.) You understand the truth. You understand the God we serve. You are rooted in HIs Word, and your heart and soul belong to Him.

So therefore the knowledge (Gr: perception, skill, wisdom) of Him and His words transforms our lives, because we UNDERSTAND.

It's not about the destination. It's not about being perfect. It's not about reaching the goal.

Instead it's all about the journey, the refinement in our daily walk, and running the race.

Philippians 2:16
Hold firmly to the word of life; then, on the day of Christ's return, I will be proud that I did not run the race in vain and that my work was not useless.

So, ladies, just focus on today. Go get new "running shoes", tune your ipod to Him, grab a running partner, and get moving. For it's all about baby steps!

Much much love!

Rebecca

No comments:

Post a Comment