Monday, January 4, 2010

Care Instructions

Good early morning!

Part of my NY's resolutions is to actually get up at 6am when my alarm goes off! Haaa! Imagine actually following through with your own master plan! So, let's consider Day 1 successful! :)

Proverbs 4 this morning...get to it after you get home from dropping your little ones off at school...or find some quiet time during their nap time to grab a little spiritual refreshment...you know, before you reheat your coffee, reach for the computer, turn on The View, or gab on the phone. Try putting time with Him first in those quiet moments.

I love Proverbs 4, v. 20-27...and if I could get them posted on every person's "instruction" sheets, I would.

Imagine if you came with a set of "Care Instructions" tucked away in your back pocket for intense situations and things that are seemingly out-of-control. And you just plucked those instruction sheets out, referenced your problem, and wah-la...there's your answer.

Well, these verses would definitely be on MY instruction sheet. When the rubber meets the road, I do not fall back to these words of God. Trust me. And because I don't, well, let's just say the situation, whether just in my mind, or in my words and actins too, increasingly (and sometimes at an alarming pace) gets out-of-control.

We women are awesome at that, aren't we? We take one thing, and blow it up, analyze it from every aspect, spin it, and make it into something (all in our minds) that it probably wasn't in the first place.

But God says,

19 But the way of the wicked is like total darkness.
They have no idea what they are stumbling over.

20 My child, pay attention to what I say.
Listen carefully to my words.
21 Don't lose sight of them.
Let them penetrate deep into your heart,
22 for they bring life to those who find them,
and healing to their whole body.

23 Guard your heart above all else,
for it determines the course of your life.

24 Avoid all perverse talk;
stay away from corrupt speech.

25 Look straight ahead,
and fix your eyes on what lies before you.
26 Mark out a straight path for your feet;
stay on the safe path.
27 Don't get sidetracked;
keep your feet from following evil.

So, this is my prayer for myself today. And I will be praying for you.

If you want to meet us for coffee, tomorrow (Tuesday Jan 5th) at 9am at the Starbucks on the corner of Seco Cyn and Copperhill...

Love!!

Rebecca

No comments:

Post a Comment